موقع إخباري يهتم بفضائح و انتهاكات دولة الامارات

Yemeni government announces UAE responsible for Aden coup

90

The Yemeni government blamed the UAE for Aden coup, which was carried out by the Abu Dhabi-backed Southern Transitional Council, and called on it to stop all support and funding for militias.

The government said in a statement after an extraordinary meeting in Riyadh it would face an armed insurgency in Aden by all means authorized by the constitution and law.

The government added that the UAE-backed armed rebellion had undermined state institutions and tore the social fabric, a reference to the recent attack by the southern transitional council gunmen in Aden and ended with the overthrow of the legitimate authority.

The Yemeni government appreciated Saudi Arabia’s efforts and called on it to support legitimacy plans to end the insurgency. It also called on the international community and its institutions to fulfill their responsibilities in supporting the legitimacy and territorial integrity of Yemen.

The extraordinary meeting of the Yemeni government, which issued these positions condemning the role of the UAE in the coup of Aden, after a meeting held by Yemeni President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi in the Saudi capital of his government leaders to follow up the implementation of Saudi promises to end the coup of Aden.

Yemeni delegate to the United Nations Abdullah al-Saadi said that his government holds the Southern Transitional Council and those who support it resposibale for what he described as the armed rebellion in Aden.

Al-Saadi called on the UAE to stop supporting and arming what he described as rebel militias, and to commit to the objectives of the coalition in Yemen, he said.

He stressed that what happened in the city of Aden, the interim capital of the country, recently, is an “armed rebellion” against the legitimate government by the security belt forces of the Southern Transitional Council, and “financial, logistical and media support from the UAE.

The Yemeni official blamed the “Southern Transitional Council and those who support it and the consequences of this armed rebellion,” calling on the UAE to stop immediately to support these “rebel militias and commitment to the objectives of the coalition.”

Al-Saadi said that his government welcomed Saudi Arabia’s call for the Yemeni government and all parties to dialogue in Jeddah, “However, despite the fact that the forces of the Transitional Council supported by the UAE continued to escalate the field and military at all levels.”

Security forces, backed by the United Arab Emirates, took control of most of the state’s joints in Aden early last week after four days of fierce battles against government forces in which more than 40 people were killed, including civilians, and 260 wounded, according to local and international human rights organizations.

Since March 26, 2015, the Arab Coalition has been conducting military operations in Yemen, supporting pro-government forces against the Houthis, backed by Iran.

On the situation in Hodeidah, and fighting with the Houthis, al-Saadi said the government “emphasizes the implementation of the Stockholm Agreement, signed in late 2018, with all its components, in particular the Hodeida agreement.”

The renewed escalation in the west coast of Yemen, following clashes between government forces and the Houthis south of Hodeidah, according to local Yemeni sources.